Tuesday, August 25, 2015

First day of my last chance.

   

  Today is the first day of my last chance. I'll be sixty-eight years old soon and as I huffed and puffed up one flight of stairs to my studio this morning, I realized that the day will come when I won't be able to make it up there if I don't take control now, while I'm still able, so I put on my walking shoes and decided to, "Just Do It." 
    Thirty minutes later, sweaty and gross, I never felt better. I've registered for a three mile walk for Alzheimer's disease in September and I'm really looking forward to it. A little yoga tonight and another two miles tomorrow and I'll be back in the game.
     Woo Hoo! 

1 comment:

  1. I did a half marathon the summer before last...but these last few months...haven't really been the best with my food and walking.
    But like you wrote in your post...I feel the same way walking up those darn stairs with a laundry basket in my arms.
    I am going to get back on track when I get home from this trip.
    How have you been doing with your walks?

    ReplyDelete